Making things simple
Our privacy practices are designed to be easy to understand. If you have any questions, concerns or if you would like more detailed information, please get in touch.
Last updated: 12th January 2012.
The information we gather, and what we do with it
- We collect the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail or through our feedback forms, aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit, and information volunteered by the consumer (such as survey information and/or site registrations). The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Web pages and the quality of our service, and is not shared with or sold to other organisations for commercial purposes, except to provide products or services you've requested when we have your permission.
- If it is necessary to share your information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law, ByteSurgery Ltd. will comply.
- As a User of Decisions [D4H], ByteSurgery Ltd. requires information that identifies you. ByteSurgery Ltd. uses collected and personal information about you and your team members for the following general purposes: products and services provision, troubleshooting problems, billing, billing disputes, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, and research. On occasion we use email addresses or other contact information to contact Users to ask them for their input on our services.
- We may also use personal information about you to improve our marketing and promotional efforts, to analyse Site usage, to improve our content and product offerings, and to customize the Site's content, layout, and services. These uses improve the Site and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customised experience while using the Site.
- If you contribute to shared, community, or public areas once signed-in, your name, team name and other information you include is displayed in your postings or comments, and is therefore available to the public. All of your activities in the public areas of the site will be identifiable to your User ID, and other people can see your published content.
Your use of other people's information
In order to facilitate the services provided by the Site, the Site allows you in certain circumstances to record information about other people and give other Users limited access to the personal information of other persons. For example, you may use the Site to give access to a team member to the personal information of your team members or casualties.
- You agree that the indemnity you give to us in the Terms of Service applies to any non-compliance by you with the foregoing.
Other Information Collectors
- Since we do not control the information use, collection or disclosure policies of third parties, you are subject to their privacy policies. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose your personal information to others.
What we do with cookies
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Cookies are required to use the Decisions [D4H] service fully.
- We claim no intellectual property rights over the data or information you upload or store in our service and act solely as a Data Processor. Your organization remains as the Data Controller and should take into consideration the Data Protection requirements of your jurisdiction.
- Installations using the main D4H infrastructure are hosted in 'EU Safe Harbor' certified facilities only, allowing the unrestricted flow of personal and private data between the EU and US.
- We will not release your data persons not previously authorized by you.
- ByteSurgery Ltd. uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run Decisions [D4H]. This involves the hosting of data, including personal information, on servers operated by those hosting companies. ByteSurgery Ltd. owns the code, database structures, and all rights to the Decisions [D4H] application.
- We may use the services of affiliates, subsidiaries and unrelated service providers in the operation of the Site, and may disclose personal information to them in the course of our use of their services.
- Information that we collect may be stored or processed outside of Ireland, and may therefore be subject to the legal jurisdiction of those countries.
- Decisions [D4H] uses the third-party services of 'Realex Payments' to collect, control, process, and store debit/credit card details. ByteSurgery Ltd. does not store a copy of your debit/credit card number.
- ByteSurgery Ltd. may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with requests from legal bodies or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
- ByteSurgery Ltd. strives to protect your personal information. For security of transactions, we force use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts all information you send to us electronically. The encryption process protects your information, by scrambling it before it is sent to us from your computer. Once Decisions [D4H] receives your transmission, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our system.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
- ByteSurgery Ltd. may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified as Account Owner for the team or by placing a prominent notice on the Decisions [D4H] website.