With this release we have made many small to medium additions to the product. We believe the updates combine to make a huge overall improvement to the users experience. The majority of the additions are to the equipment and reporting sections. Our development team are positive you will be as excited about the improvements as they are. The updates will be rolled out across customer accounts over the next 48 hours.
We know all our users will be delighted about the first new addition, as this update is one many of our customers were calling for. Decisions [D4H] now offers teams the ability to track Vehicle information in a totally new way. After adding the equipment type "Vehicle" you can now:
- Record the mileage for each vehicle used on an activity.
- Automatically track the odometer and manually submit readings.
- Generate custom reports on vehicle usage (E.g. on activities tagged with "Spillage").
- Expire vehicles based on odometer reading (E.g. vehicle expires at 70,000 miles).
We have added a number of new PDF reports available at the click of a button showing the location, brand/model, and quantity of all supply-type. The "Inventory" report is a versatile way to print a checklist of equipment:
- In the team
- In a Category (E.g. all "Medical Supplies" or all "Climbing Equipment")
- Of a Kind (E.g. all "Bandage" or all "Nylon Rope")
- In a Location (E.g. equipment in "Truck #1" or "First Aid Kit 002")
- Issued to a Person (E.g. equipment issued to "John Smith")
The new "Inspections Overview" report shows a list of all inspections, their due dates, and an overview of their outcomes. The "Inspection Checklist" report lists the steps required to carry out an inspection and lists the equipment in the inspection (with their current inspection status and comment) by location. The "Equipment Usage" report lists the equipment used (or to be used) on an activity (e.g. the equipment to bring to an event, or the equipment used on an incident).
Other updates include:
- Expanded custom fields.
- Custom fields can now be added to equipment.
- Multiple-choice options can now be edited, rearranged, and deleted.
- Completed the inspections upgrade.
- Inspections can now be "By Location" (e.g. inspect all equipment in "Truck #002") in addition to "By Kind".
- Inspected equipment can now be marked as "Lost".
- Optionally trigger email notifications to the Team.
- Inspections can be deleted.
- Equipment items can now be "quick-added" from a Location.
We also removed the ability to "Retire" equipment during an inspection (this is now an administrative decision).